Saturday, January 06, 2007

Birding with Liam



Went birding with Liam today in Sharon Woods.

Here's our list of birds we spotted:

Red Tailed Hawk (in flight!)
2 nuthatches
dozens of sparrows
1 titmouse
7 cardinals
5 chickadees
10 male mallards
1 morning dove
4 robins
a flock of Canada geese overhead in a V
1 goose who took off into flight right in front of us!
3 downy woodpeckers

AND 1 unidentified bird that hitched its way up a tree trunk and disappeared into a little hole in the tree right before my very eyes! I am going to try to find that one in my birding book.

We had a glorious time! I've got wet jeans up to my ankles but a warm heart. Liam and I must have exchanged a dozen hugs; he was quick to ask if we could do this every Sat. I'm inclined to say yes!

Nature walking: good for the soul.

No comments: